When foreigners think about The Netherlands they will probably think about wooden clogs, wind mills, cheese, tulips and marihuana. On the other hand, not many people will associate our country with good food and beautiful nature. And that’s something we are a little sad about. In our new outdoor cooking video series on Youtube we want to show everyone that The Netherlands is more than just Amsterdam and fried snacks. Our home ground Asten-Heusden, for example, has plenty to offer for nature and history lovers.
Besides nature and history, amazing food can be found made by artisans and small batch producers like us. That’s why we decided to start our Outdoor Cooking serie in which we both want to show how to use our tasty hot sauces and show you how beautiful our country actually is. Consider this inspiration for taking unusual paths sometimes, because this will eventually bring you a lot more joy doing what everyone else does.
All the above inspired us to make the Hometown Goat Cheese Burger. In this recipe video we are showing you the small village (Asten-Heusden) we grew up in and the amazing nature and ingredients that are available in this region. The people from a local camping forest called “Karmijn” gave us the opportunity to prepare our burger recipe on their lovely camping ground, with our fire pit right between the trees with the birds singing. Enjoy the recipe by clicking the video below. The full recipe can be found by scrolling past the video.
Spicy Goat Cheese Burger ingredients:
- Raijmakers Heetmakers Heat Enhancer hot sauce with Chipotle, Habanero & Whiskey
- Beef (around 150 grams per person)
- Goat Cheese (locally sourced at Puur Geitenzuivel)
- Brioche buns
- Olive oil
- Slice the onion and mushroom and set aside. Fire up a (cast iron) pan and as one table spoon of olive oil. Once the oil has reached medium-high heat, add the sliced onion and mushroom.
- After grilling the onion and mushroom for about 3-4 minutes, add some Raijmakers Heetmakers Heat Enhancer chipotle hot sauce. Stir thouroughly and grill for another 2-3 minutes. Put in a bowl when they onion and mushrooms are well cooked and slightly caramelised.
- Take a brioche bun a cut open. Grill the insides shortly in the cast iron pan and put aside when grill marks are showing.
- Now let’s prepare the burgers. Take around 150 grams of minced beef and shape them into rather thin burgers. Fire up your pan to high heat and add a few table spoons of olive oil. Now add the burgers and grill on one side for 2 minutes. Flip the burger and grill for another 2 minuters. Add the goat cheese right after flipping. Take at the burgers and let them rest for a few minutes.
- Let’s make a spicy, sweet & smokey mayonaise by mixing our Heat Enhancer with your favourite mayonaise. Put this on the bottom half of your grilled brioche bun generously. Then add some arugula and sliced dill pickles. Add the goat cheese burgers and put the grilled mushrooms and onions on the other half of the bun.
- As the ultimate finishing touch, drizzle a generous amount of Heat Enhancer hot sauce onto the burgers and close your bun. Smakelijk eten!
Do you like these kind of recipes and videos? Please subscribe to our Youtube channel. It encourages to make a lot more of these videos in which we will combine nature and hot sauce recipes.